Conditions of Service
The following terms and conditions apply to passengers booking with “Tuscany Car Tours” :
1. Details of the credit card of e passenger are required at the time of booking. Tuscany Car Tours will then produce written confirmation of the details regarding the booking, either by email or fax.
2. All rates are quoted in Euro funds. Rates include gasoline, expressway tolls, parking fees and taxes. If not required, rates do not include client’s meals, entrance fees to museums, churches or other monuments.
3. Where two or more people are included on the same booking, the person purchasing the booking shall be deemed to do so on the basis that he/she acts as an agent for both or all members of the party and accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
4. Our drivers speak English and give general historical and art information, according to their knowledge, and entertain the clients with a commentary during the itinerary. Drivers are not allowed, by an agreement with the labor union, to enter museums, churches and other monuments.
5. The confirmation fax or email is your ticket. This must be presented to the Tuscany Car Tours driver or Tuscany Car Tours representative for both the outward and return trip.
6. In the case of a missed flight forcing you to miss your transfer Tuscany Car Tours will ask you to fill in a declaration for your travel insurance for the cost of your new transfer. The extra charge can and may be waived at the discretion of Tuscany Car Tours.
7. The destination and pickup addresses on your ticket are the address to which you will be delivered and picked up. Should you wish to change these or any other details, this must be done directly with Tuscany Car Tours central reservations 3 days prior to the date of travel. Any modifications to a booking will be subject to an administration charge of 10 Euros.
8. Where a private transfer has been booked and the flight is delayed up to ninety minutes from the flight’s scheduled arrival, the Tuscany Car Tours vehicle will wait for the client at no charge. After this time the client will be liable for a waiting charge of 20 Euros for each additional hour or part thereof. This charge must be settled prior to the vehicle’s departure.
9. All luggage must be clearly labelled with the owner’s name and destination address.
10. Customers are limited to two items of luggage each including a ski or snowboard bag. Any excess luggage must be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a client having excess luggage, Tuscany Car Tours reserve the right to charge an excess baggage allowance or refuse to transport the items.
11. Tuscany Car Tours reserves the right (and delegates to its chauffeurs the right) to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the chauffeur, the vehicle or the other passenger(s).
12. Passengers are not allowed to take to our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks on our vehicles.
13. Smoking is not permitted in Tuscany Car Tours vehicles.
14. Tuscany Car Tours will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time. Tuscany Car Tours will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control. Vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims, as required under Italian law. However, whilst every care is always taken, customers’ property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Customers are therefore advised to check their own travel insurance.
15. Tuscany Car Tours will endeavour to carry the passenger with the minimum discomfort and inconvenience to his/her destination shown on the confirmation document. However circumstances beyond our control may prevent the achievement of this responsibility. The following are examples of circumstances which are not within our control:
* accidents causing delays to the vehicle
* restricted vehicular access
* exceptional or severe weather conditions
* compliance with requests of the police
* deaths and accidents on the road
* vandalism and terrorism
* unforeseen traffic delays
* industrial action by third parties
* problems caused by other customers
* the vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official
* other circumstances affecting passenger safety
16. If Tuscany Car Tours fail for any reason within our control to deliver its passengers to their confirmed destination, Tuscany Car Tours will provide suitable transport such as another coach, train, private car, taxi etc. Any reimbursement made by Tuscany Car Tours for the costs of an alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their ticketed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by taxi.
17. Tuscany Car Tours shall only be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable consequential losses arising directly out of a breach in contract. In such cases our liability shall be limited to 1300 Euros per passenger.
18. Nothing can affect the consumers’ statutory rights.
19. Italian Law will govern these conditions in all respects.
The Tuscany Car Tours Privacy Statement
At The Tuscany Car Tours , we place the highest importance on respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers. Our most important asset is our relationship with you. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when using our Web site. Therefore, we would like to share with you the following principles that govern our information practices and other privacy aspects of our Web site. Throughout this policy, we refer to information that personally identifies you as “personal information.”
We protect your information
We work to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration by using industry-recognized security safeguards. We use both internal and external resources to review our security procedures. Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information.
We tell you how we use your information
When we ask you for information, we will tell you, — or it will be clear — what we need to know to fulfill your request and how the information you provide to us will be used. For example, if you order a product or register for a service from us, we will ask you for your name and contact information such as mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address. In addition to responding to your request, we may use your contact information to tell you about products or services we think might interest you or to invite you to participate in a product or service-related survey. Because of the nature of our business, our Web sites are not designed to appeal to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly request or receive any information from children.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
We do not share your personal information with anyone outside of The Tuscany Car Tours for their promotional, including marketing, use.
We tell you about our relationships with third parties
We have limited relationships with third parties to assist us in servicing you, for example, by fulfilling customer orders or providing customer service. These service providers are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide them. Additionally, we have business partners that provide services, some of which are co-branded. We clearly identify partner services and sites. When you request any of these products or services, you are permitting us to provide your personal information to the partner to fulfill your request. We may disclose your information if we are required to by a law enforcement action such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant.
We tell you how we use Web technology
Like many Web sites, we use technology, such as cookies, that allow us to make your visit to our Web site easier by recognizing you when you return and help to provide you with a customized experience.
We give you choice and control
We may use your contact information to tell you about other products we think might interest you. However, if you don’t want us to contact you for promotional purposes, you can tell us when you provide the information. You may also specify your contact preferences by visiting our Privacy Web site. Your contact preferences only apply to marketing contact. We may need to communicate with you regarding the usability of your product or critical messages relating to your service or software (such as service messages, subscription renewal notices, critical notices, or legally mandated notices).
You can update or correct your contact information relating to your Tuscany Car Tours account by contacting us at +39 3334995719
You can contact us
If you have privacy-related questions that are not addressed here, please contact the Privacy Team or write us at: Tuscany Car Tours, cap 50145 Firenze – Via di Peretola 74 – Italy.
If we make material changes to any of our privacy policies or practices regarding personal information we will update our statement and post a notice on our site 30 days before they take effect.